BUYING FIXER UPPER REAL ESTATE and FINANCING WITH A HOME IMPROVEMENT LOAN offers home buyers two ways to save.
1. Bowie homes in need of upgrading are often sold at deeply discounted prices. You win when buying a foreclosure, vacant home or a property that has not been upgraded for many years. These homes are in popular communities in Bowie and are discounted because they need upgrades to the kitchen, baths, flooring, paint, exterior shingles, roofs and more.
2. Home Improvement Loans permit YOU, the home buyer to select your cabinet styles, appliances, flooring materials, counter top materials for the kitchen, bathroom fixtures, flooring throughout the homes, add family rooms, add a garage, replace the roof, add or upgrade siding, etc. There are many upgrades to a Bowie home that will add significant value to a property purchased at a discount price and upgraded.
BOWIE REAL ESTATE IS AT THE LOWEST PRICE SINCE 2004.
We’ve been waiting for prices in Bowie to come down and they have. Bowie homes are worth waiting for. The town of Bowie has been a favorite for home buyers since the 1960s when Levitt built the first Bowie community on the former Belair Estate. Over 9,000 homes were built offering well priced real estate on average 1/4 acre lots with community amenities such as ball fields, two lakes, parks and the town of Bowie added swimming pools, an ice rink and many small recreation areas, tot lots through the community. On the north side of Route 50, the home styles are traditional. On the south side of Route 50, the home styles are contemporary. The contemporary style homes in Pointer Ridge are popular for home buyers who like vaulted ceilings, open spaces, overlooks and dramatic styling.
The very popular Colonial with a garage. The varieties of home styles and floorplans in Bowie offer much variety and price ranges. Colonials with 3 bedrooms, 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 2 1/2 baths, with 1 car or 2 car garages, many with family room additions.
Bowie Colonial style homes are priced from about $227,000 to $430,000. For some examples of Bowie homes that are good candidates for Home Improvement Loans, see:
The popular Cape Cod. This is one of the most popular models in Bowie wtih 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths The floor plan offers 2 bedrooms and one full bath on each level. This floor plan is very popular with home buyers looking for main floor location bedroom(s). Also on the main level is the large living room, country kitchen with the kitchen and dining space. Many Cape Cod owners have added a family room off the dining area. Since the garage was an option when these homes were constructed, Capes are found with 1 car, 2 car or no garages. Bowie (Levitt Bros. built) homes are easy to upgrade with good bones.
The Bowie Ranch or Rambler home style is always popular with folks who prefer a home with no steps. Since the Bowie Levitt homes have no basements, these are true “no step” floor plans. There is a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath model with vaulted ceilings, and a 4 bedroom model with 2 full baths. 1 and 2 car garage models on ample 1/4 or larger home sites offer room for family room additions.
FIXER UPPER HOMES in Bowie offer value and the opportunity for home buyers to gain equity AND finance the upgrades that make a house your home.
Contact Lenn Harley, Broker, Homefinders.com, 800-711-7988, E-Mail, to inquire about buying a home in Bowie. Homefinders.com network of experienced agents and brokers will give you the special attention you need. We’ll help you
1. Find a wonderful property suitable for upgrading that meets your wishes and qualifying price range.
2. Manage the contract preparation to identify market value for the home in it’s present condition and the estimated value after repairs and upgrades are completed. Many of the homes in Bowie are bank owned and are known to need repair or upgrades which the bank owners do not do.
3. Help prepare a cost estimate for repairs. This is done through a thorough home inspection that will identify the upgrades or repairs that will be required to bring the property you select up to satisfactory lender criteria for safety and value. Your Contract of Sale will have a contingency for appraised value to protect you.
4. Once you have a contract of sale, it’s time to design in detail your upgrades, additions, and repairs to make the home meet your needs for many years. The cost of the upgrades will be financed through your HOME IMPROVEMENT LOAN.
5. Settlement of the Contract of Sale. The home is yours and your upgrades, repairs and additions can be made. You may take occupancy and look forward to completion of the lovely home you have purchased along that will reflect your individual kitchen design, the family room addition, the new garage addition or other design features that you have added to make the house your home.
Joyce Dawkins, Lenn Harley, Jim Habermehl, experienced Buyer Brokers helping Bowie home buyers.
Bowie real estate is the location of choice for many homes for Prince George’s County home buyers. Some of the attractions for homes in Bowie are, in addition to lovely Bowie homes, wonderful and convenient shopping at the new Bowie Town Center Mall with Macy’s, Sears, Bed Bath & Beyond and many speciality shops and stores. Bowie offers transportation convenience by Route 50, Route 301, Route 197, Route 450 and other transportation alternatives for access to employment centers. Bowie offers popular schools, outdoor parks and new and resale homes in moderate and luxury home price ranges.
Bowie offers many amenities for local residents including Allen Pond and several public golf courses.